Nowind travels to Outland

nowindoutland

I finally received word from Nowind yesterday. Evidently her stay in Outland has ended and she has now moved on to the Borean Tundra. So I decided to drop by in person and pick up her travel journal.

So this is the tattered and torn journal of Nowind’s journey to Outland.

Day 1

I arrived at the crater where the Dark Portal lies in the Blasted Lands through a portal in the Mystic Ward of Ironforge. I know that nothing from my previous journeys in Azeroth could prepare me for what lies behind the portal, the stories that I've heard had that in common. So as I walk the last steps up to the portal, I summon raw determination and put all my thoughts into the present and step through....

I have used portals before, but this was something else. I could feel the time shift inside. The whole process seemed to take longer than usual and a lot of thoughts had time to pass through my mind, when the fear started to turn into panic it all ended abruptly and all I saw was red.

It took a few moments until I was able to focus my eyes, but before long I saw that the red came from the land itself, I had arrived on the Hellfire Peninsula.

Day 2

I took the gryphon to the Honor Hold from the portal last night and rented a room at the inn, I was glad that I didn't have to fight my way through the demons that had besieged the portal. Before heading for bed I took the time and spoke to the people living in the hold, I found the inscription trainer and paid him some silver to teach me what he knew. When I walked back towards the inn, I became a witness to an infernal attack from the sky.

Today I will spend with various assignments that I managed to acquire last night, including demon and orc hunting.

flying

Day 9

Received a package with herbs from Eowind so that I could focus on my inscription studies and that I did. I also took a class in gryphon flying and bought myself a snow white gryphon. This should cut the time I have to spend in this god forgotten place.

Tomorrow I will head out to the Temple of Telhamat in western Hellfire and maybe visit the Druids of the Cenarion Circle at their camp if I can find it.

Day 16

Zangarmash.

What a beautiful place even though it gives me the creeps. I would not care to live here.

Add to this that the place is overrun with naga and you will start to see why I really really really do not like the place.

But it is beautiful, even I can't deny that. My stay at the Cenarion Refuge and the small town built on top of one of the gigantic mushrooms, Telredor, earned me a nice coin in my pocket and a bunch of friendly people to add to my friends list. If nothing else, I will return for their sake, even though one of them turned me into a crow.

Day 23

Today I finally arrived in Shattrath City, even though I could have taken a gryphon directly from Honor Hold i decided early on that I wanted to travel wherever my assignments led me. But now, after three weeks in Outland I have arrived in the shiny City of the Naaru. I took the tour of the city with one of the void walkers and decided that I like the Aldor more then the Scryers.

So tonight I will sleep at the inn on the Aldor Rse. I'm thinking of setting up more proper quarters here for the rest of my stay in Outland and travel to wherever I need to go for the day. I've missed city life.

But now I'll actually cheat a little and take try one of the portals here that lets us travel back to Azeroth. Think I'll visit the Auction House in Darnassus before I go to bed.

Day 31

The last week has been intensive. I ran into Emilyfion the other day and she took me to the Mana Tombs of Auchindoun where I got a new wand and staff. In addition I've traversed Terokkar Forest, visited the Allerian Stronghold, one of the few human settlements here. I had the chance to help them with wolf and orc hunting.

After Terrokar I went to Nagrand but I do have to say that I don't understand Eowind how she could force herself to become a well reputed, even exalted, hero of the Kurenai. I settled with getting friendly with them, at least I can accompany Eowind if she gets invited to dinner.

Blades Edge was not a place for me either. I like dragons, I like them very much and being forced to see their bodies everywhere in this isolated place really made me feel bad.

Lastly yesterday I went to Netherstorm, mostly just to see the place. I helped the goblins at Area 52 with some things, the sad thing was that when I returned with the goods they needed gearedForNorthrend I found out that the whole town had been attacked during my absence. Not a living soul remained.

That was the final drop, I had seen enough of Outland and if I wanted to see Shadowmoon Valley, then I would do that later.

It was time to leave and return to Azeroth...

No comments: